The notion that hydration is important for optimal health and body functioning is clear and scientifically proven. What happens when you infuse it with lemon? Are there additional benefits that are not only good for your health, but essential? There are many things that lemons provide the body with, but what happens when it is mixed and consumed with water? Is it really as powerful as some claim, or are the benefits being blown well out of proportion?
Lemons are a great source of potassium, citric acid, phosphorous, magnesium and calcium. So for the nutrient factor alone, lemons are essential for overall good health. They work in many different ways, on various parts of the body, and their power is often underestimated.
• Lemons help to prevent the decomposition of tissue and inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacterial agents
• It works to cleanse the system of impurities which can aid in the prevention of disease and illness
• It works to dissolve uric acid, a known toxin in the body which can lead to swelling and pain in the joints
• It helps to reduce the symptoms caused by such illness as rheumatism, rickets, malaria, gout and tuberculosis
The benefits to the liver
Lemon juice, and water, goes to work to liquify bile and it aids to control the flow of bile. Taking it just one hour before eating can help your liver work more efficiently.
If your liver enzymes are too diluted, lemon water can provide additional strength to them. You can use lemon water to fix calcium and oxygen levels found in the liver and in turn positively effect the blood that is produced in the liver
Lemon water has been proven to aid in the process of elimination and digestion. Being similar structurally to bile, saliva, and hydrochloric acid, it aids in the processes performed in the digestive system. It can help to:
• Aid in the relief of indigestion, heartburn, bloating and gas
• Keep your intestinal tract working sound, and prevent conditions such as diarrhea, or constipation
Antibacterial and antiviral benefits
Lemon water has the ability to produce an alkaline state in the body. By increasing the alkalinity of your body chemistry, you are better able to stay clear of disease and illness brought about by imbalances. It can also work to decrease and control for unhealthy bacterial in the body. The reason why it is recommended to use lemon water over pure lemons for a panacea is because lemon is very acidic and can take a hefty toll on the enamel of your teeth. By diluting it for consumption you aren’t changing the benefits of the lemon, just the harshness of its administration. Make sure to always rinse after drinking straight lemon juice so it never sits on the outer layer of your teeth.
Other important benefits to lemon water
• It works to control bleeding and to purify the blood
• May aid in lowering blood pressure
• It reduces the amount of phlegm in the body which is important when you have a cold or the flu
• Relieves the symptoms of allergies, asthma and respiratory problems
• Nourishes nerve cells and brain cells through its high potassium content
• Helps to dissolve kidney stones, gallstone, calcium deposits and pancreatic stones
• If taken when pregnant, it can increase the strength of the growing fetus’s bones